[meta-freescale] adjust image partitions for imx6ulevk

Christian Ege k4230r6 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 05:06:16 PST 2016

Hello Oliver,

> Hello,
>
> whats is the right way to adjust the flash partitions for my imx6ulevk?
There are several possibilities I think.

- Either by defining an own image class like this:
  https://github.com/Freescale/meta-fsl-arm/blob/master/classes/image_types_fsl.bbclass
I never tried but I guess you can inherit this class and overload the
functions you wish to extend.
- Create a script which adds those partitions during the first boot. I
did something similar to resize the rootfs:
  https://github.com/graugans/meta-udoo/blob/jethro/recipes-core/resize-rootfs/resize-rootfs.bb
- Use swupdate by stefano babic and create the partiion during
installation of the image. This is how we do it in the office.
  https://github.com/sbabic/meta-swupdate
  https://github.com/sbabic/swupdate

> I need a bootstream partition, two rootfs partitions with 125 MB each
> and a data partitions with 730 MB.

> during some code investigation I found image_types_fsl.bbclass where
> some partitioning seems to happen. Is this the point to start?
You have to provide your own. I can not see any hooks to change the
layout. For me your request is very specific and could be hardly
handled by a generic approach.

You can check how they did it in the RPI
http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/meta-raspberrypi/tree/classes/sdcard_image-rpi.bbclass

> Can you give me some instructions, how to do that the right way in yocto.
I would prefer to use swupdate. But I am unsure about dual bootimage support

Regards,
Christian

http://ch.ege.io/