[meta-freescale] How to determine the current stable branch

Otavio Salvador otavio.salvador at ossystems.com.br
Mon Jan 25 08:29:45 PST 2016

On Mon, Jan 25, 2016 at 11:56 AM, Isaac Nickaein <nickaein.i at gmail.com> wrote:

> Currently, the Community homepage (https://freescale.github.io/) suggests
> the latest release for Freescale is Fido:
>
> 1. The "documentation" section has links to Yocto 1.8
> 2. The "Get the BSP" provides scripts for cloning the fido branch.
>
> However, the "current" documentation link:
>
> https://freescale.github.io/doc/release-notes/current/
>
> points to he Jethro (Yocto 2.0) release. Also, the Yocto releases page says
> the latest stable branch is Jethro (I suspect this can't guarantee that the
> latest recommended branch for FSL is also Jethro though).
>

> How should one determine the current stable branch of Yocto for FSL
> community for the production?
>
> Are all packages (except deprecated ones) available in previous (e.g. Fido)
> branch become immediately available upon release of next stable branch (e.g.
> Jethro)? If no, when should we switch to a stable branch and be confident it
> is "good enough" for production?

The 2.0 is solid for most people however we ended not announcing it
yet due two reasons:

 - imminent merge of consolidated GA release (3.14.52);
 - known broken boards (most fixed now);

When Yocto Project 2.0 was released our quality were not as good as we
demand and were need more time for the fixes to land. Most has been
done but I want to get consolidated BSP in before tagging this.