[meta-freescale] Updates to meta-fsl-arm (master) in 2016-01-11

Otavio Salvador otavio.salvador at ossystems.com.br
Tue Jan 12 03:04:57 PST 2016

On Tue, Jan 12, 2016 at 12:36 AM, Zhenhua Luo <zhenhua.luo at nxp.com> wrote:
> Before meta-fsl-arm and meta-fsl-ppc are formally replaced by meta-freescale in yoctoproject.org, we should ensure the QorIQ bits are available in meta-fsl-arm and meta-fsl-ppc.
>
> The duplicated effort is done for both i.MX and QorIQ products currently, to avoid such duplicated effort, we'd better make meta-freescale replace fsl-arm and fsl-ppc ASAP. What's your thought?

Our goal should be to replace both meta-fsl-arm and meta-fsl-ppc with
meta-freescale, sure. However there are some subtle but important
differences between both. Patches from meta-fsl-ppc does not apply
directly into meta-freescale due the reorganization and deduplication
of QorIQ ARM and QorIQ recipes and, for me, the most important aspect
is that QorIQ is using meta-freescale for the release.

My goal is to try to get meta-freescale used for i.MX and QorIQ for
April release; I intend to start more actively test this as soon as we
merge current GA patches from i.MX.