[meta-freescale] FlexCAN on Freescale iMX6Q SoC

Moore, Calvin c1moore at ufl.edu
Sun Jan 3 12:00:18 PST 2016

Hello,

I am trying to install the FlexCAN driver on a Freescale iMX6Q SoC using the Yocto project (version 1.5) provided on the VIA Technologies website at http://www.viatech.com/en/systems/industrial-fanless-pcs/amos-820/.  I have contacted Freescale, but they have been unable to assist me actually install the driver.  They did tell me that I would have to build a completely new image for the system, though (https://community.freescale.com/message/600561?et=watches.email.thread#600561).  I assume this would require editing the BitBake recipe, but I am unsure how to properly install a driver with BitBake.  Can anybody give me some guidance to install FlexCAN properly?

Thanks,

Calvin