[meta-freescale] SOC_FAMILY, MACHINEOVERRIDES and weston (Morty / Krogoth)

Otavio Salvador otavio.salvador at ossystems.com.br
Mon Dec 19 04:33:21 PST 2016

Hello Richard,

On Mon, Nov 28, 2016 at 3:18 PM,  <richard_allen at keysight.com> wrote:

> But for Morty
> Only
> SOC_FAMILY = "mx6:mx6q:mx6dl"
> will build
> Adding
>
> SOC_FAMILY = "mx6:mx6q:mx6dl"
> require conf/machine/include/soc-family.inc
>
> or just using
> MACHINEOVERRIDES =. "mx6:mx6q:mx6dl:"

Yes, for Morty we changed the way the machine BSP support is defined
so it can scales for the current and upcoming designs. It allows for
greater reuse of the code with less code duplication.

> Weston will not build
> (looks like a want  -DLINUX but not defined)
>
> I don’t know if this is a issue with the Weston in Morty or my
> configuration.

Weston was indeed broken. We merged the fix for this on Friday IIRC.
Please give it a try and let us know how it goes.