[meta-freescale] Weston video issue after long video playback

Mark Farver mfarver at mindbent.org
Wed Dec 14 09:21:24 PST 2016

If our app runs video using gstreamer and the imx gstreamer drivers if
works great for about 24-50 hours, then weston gets stuck on a black
white or blank black screen.  Our app can still be heard playing
video, but the screen is not displaying it.  Restarting weston will
restore the system.  Memory and CPU seem normal, we aren't leaking
memory or file handles, and weston does not visible crash.  The only
hint is this log entry:

kernel: imx-ipuv3 2400000.ipu: IPU Warning - IPU_INT_STAT_5 = 0x00800000
kernel: imx-ipuv3 2400000.ipu: IPU Warning - IPU_INT_STAT_10 = 0x00080000

I've tried adding "dmfc=3" to the kernel command line, and these
devmem entries as recommended on a few websites, but neither seems to
help.

# devmem2 0x020e0018 w 0xffffffff
# devmem2 0x020e001c w 0xffffffff
or
# devmem2 0x00c49104 w 7
# devmem2 0x00c49100 w 7

This person seems to be seeing a similar issue:
https://www.toradex.com/community/questions/7064/no-more-hdmi-output-after-some-time.html

Anyone have any ideas?