[meta-freescale] Etherleak detected from NESSUS security scan

Sona Sarmadi sona.sarmadi at enea.com
Mon Aug 22 13:12:19 PDT 2016

Thanks Zhenhua for your help.

See my comments in-line.

//Sona

On 2016-08-22 08:04, Zhenhua Luo wrote:

> Nessus scan reports a vulnerability in the FSL/NXP DPAA Linux Ethernet
> driver (on P2041, linux-qoriq-sdk/3.8-r11.1):
>
> */[Luo Zhenhua] May I know which SDK is used? There have been more
> than one SDK based on 3.8? /*
>
> */Has this scanner been run against a system running SDK 2.0?  Can it
> be? /*

[Sona] the SDK version is 1.5. Is it the same?

> */Which MAC type (dtsec or tgec) was this seen with?  Is there any
> information about specific packet data it saw?/*

The customer is using dtesc.

> I need to confirm that the FSL driver is handling padding properly,
> could you please help me with this?
>
> There seems to be no software padding, instead I assume the HW is
> doing the padding. Is this correct?
>
> */[Luo Zhenhua] Yes  /*
>

> *//*
>
> */For DTSEC padding is enabled by MACCFG2[PAD/CRC] which is set in
> fman_dtsec_init(). /*
>
> */For TGEC the source code claims that it always pads, though from a
> quick search I couldn't find an explicit statement of that in the
> hardware documentation./*

/Looking at code I see that this hardware padding is set but I don't
understand why our customer's Nessus scan report padding issue !! I will
check if this problem listed in the errata.
*
*/
The defaults are set in this function which is called from
fman/Peripherals/FM/MAC/dtsec.c:

fman_dtsec_defconfig(p_DtsecDriverParam);

void fman_dtsec_defconfig(struct dtsec_cfg *cfg)
{
        cfg->halfdup_on = DEFAULT_HALFDUP_ON;
        cfg->halfdup_retransmit = DEFAULT_HALFDUP_RETRANSMIT;
        cfg->halfdup_coll_window = DEFAULT_HALFDUP_COLL_WINDOW;
        cfg->halfdup_excess_defer = DEFAULT_HALFDUP_EXCESS_DEFER;
        cfg->halfdup_no_backoff = DEFAULT_HALFDUP_NO_BACKOFF;
        cfg->halfdup_bp_no_backoff = DEFAULT_HALFDUP_BP_NO_BACKOFF;
        cfg->halfdup_alt_backoff_val = DEFAULT_HALFDUP_ALT_BACKOFF_VAL;
        cfg->halfdup_alt_backoff_en = DEFAULT_HALFDUP_ALT_BACKOFF_EN;
        cfg->rx_drop_bcast = DEFAULT_RX_DROP_BCAST;
        cfg->rx_short_frm = DEFAULT_RX_SHORT_FRM;
        cfg->rx_len_check = DEFAULT_RX_LEN_CHECK;
        cfg->tx_pad_crc = DEFAULT_TX_PAD_CRC; <<<<<<
        cfg->tx_crc = DEFAULT_TX_CRC;*//*