[meta-freescale] cubox-i kernel-module-imx-gpu-viv compilatin issue

Piotr Król piotr.krol at 3mdeb.com
Sat Aug 20 15:59:24 PDT 2016

Hi all,
I'm following this instructions to build cubox-i multimedia image:

mkdir ~/bin
curl http://commondatastorage.googleapis.com/git-repo-downloads/repo >
~/bin/repo
chmod a+x ~/bin/repo
PATH=${PATH}:~/bin
mkdir fsl-community-bsp
cd fsl-community-bsp
repo init -u https://github.com/Freescale/fsl-community-bsp-platform -b
krogoth
repo sync

. ./setup-environment build

Then set MACHINE ?= 'cubox-i' in build/conf/local.conf and run:

bitbake fsl-image-multimedia

In results I get kernel-module-imx-gpu-viv compilation error:

gc_hal_kernel_platform_imx6q14.c:81:31: fatal error: linux/busfreq-imx.h: No such file or directory

(...)

gc_hal_kernel_os.c:5871:5: error: implicit declaration of function 'dmac_map_area'

Full log [1]. Anyone experienced that issue ? I saw some posts about
that [2][3], but those address issue in older kernels and default for
cubox-i is 4.4.

>From what I understand functions like dmac_map_area should not be used
directly, but through dma-mapping API ie. arm_dma_map_sg or even
arm_dma_sync_sg_for_cpu, arm_dma_sync_sg_for_device. Is that correct
understanding ?

Does kernel-module-imx-gpu-viv requires some major rewrite ?

If yes then how multimedia image ie. with VPU support can be built using
meta-freescale ?

[1] http://paste.ubuntu.com/23073011/
[2] https://lists.yoctoproject.org/pipermail/meta-freescale/2015-October/016144.html
[3] https://lists.yoctoproject.org/pipermail/meta-freescale/2015-October/016149.html