[meta-freescale] imx6dl-riotboard: Does not generate valid SD card image

Otavio Salvador otavio.salvador at ossystems.com.br
Tue Aug 9 10:55:01 PDT 2016

On Tue, Aug 9, 2016 at 2:40 PM, Fabio Estevam <festevam at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 9, 2016 at 2:12 PM, Otavio Salvador
> <otavio.salvador at ossystems.com.br> wrote:
>
>>> That's a regression, Otavio. In the past we used to have sdcard images
>>> generated by Yocto working fine for imx6sl-warp. In the current
>>> release this is broken.
>>
>> Which release did you test?
>
> Last year, at the time of
> https://github.com/Freescale/meta-fsl-arm-extra/commit/1d13a0b9bc9f84333e3e35be2bc7428c9eefb125
> this generated sdcard image worked fine for imx6sl-warp.

Good; and this had the problem fixed with:

https://github.com/Freescale/meta-fsl-arm-extra/commit/12cc66a9b8c3788309cf0a72c001f27abc299271

The commit fixed the build and allow it to work, however it does not
generate a ready to use SDCard image but this is a side effect. If you
check, this is included on FSL Community BSP 2.0 and 2.1 so it does
not seem to be causing much problem until now.

The best solution, from BSP point of view, is someone to add support
for the linux-fslc-imx so we can enable the other BSP bits for the
board. Until that is done, the board is seen as a board which uses
what is provided by the OE-Core images.