[meta-freescale] imx6dl-riotboard: Does not generate valid SD card image

Turab Iqbal turab_ at hotmail.co.uk
Tue Aug 9 07:47:01 PDT 2016

Hi,

When building with the imx6dl-riotboard machine, a valid SD card image is not generated. In meta-fsl-arm/classes/image_types_fsl.bbclass, the IMAGE_CMD_sdcard function should call ${SDCARD_GENERATION_COMMAND}, but it is nil in this case. As a result, the image that is created is just a zeroed sparse file.

The solution that worked for me was to add the following to meta-fsl-arm-extra/conf/machine/imx6dl-riotboard.conf:

SOC_FAMILY = "mx6:mx6dl"

I don't know if this is the most appropriate fix, though, which is why I'm not submitting a patch.

Kind regards,

Turab