[meta-freescale] imx6 yocto problem

bin liu liubin101015 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 17:54:38 PDT 2016

Hello everyone,

        Recently I'm trying build system image ( e.g, rootfs) with FSL
yocto release (i.e, fsl-bsp-release fsl-yocto-3.14.28-1.0.0). I managed to
build fsl-image-qt5  for imx6qsabreauto machine. Before moving to YOCTO, I
was using LTIB-3.0.35.  The U-Boot, kernel, and rootfs works well. I would
like to try to combine the working U-boot and kernel from LTIB,  together
with the rootfs built from YOCTO. Certainly, the U-boot can load and boot
kernel. But when the kernel tried to mount the NFS rootfs ( the rootfs
image built from my YOCTO), the system hangs  after "Freeing init memory:
200K".

     In my u-boot kernel parameters,  I set "console=ttymxc0,115200" and I
added a print message ("Before executing init cmd!") in kernel init/main.c,
right before kernel execute "/sbin/init". Seems there is something wrong
with the "init" process, or the "/etc/inittab" file. The sabreauto machine
uses ttymxc3 as the default serial console, but my board uses ttymxc0. so I
changed a little bit the inittab to try to the inittab file to switch to
ttymxc0, but it does not work.

    If I set "init=/bin/sh" in the kernel parameter, I can get a shell on
the serial console (ttymxc0). Here "/bin/sh" comes from the YOCTO rootfs
image. Also if I set "init=/root/helloworld" in the kernel cmd line
paramer, I can get the "hello world!" output on the serial console
(ttymxc0).

Here  "/root/helloworld" is an application built by the same toolchain as
the one built the YOCTO image.

Is there anything wrong ? And how to debug this problem?

Thanks,

clound