[meta-freescale] fsl-image-multimedia-full.bb how-to add FB support

ZHOU Yanxin y.zhou at staubli.com
Fri Apr 22 00:02:45 PDT 2016

Dear all,

I am now working on the riotboard, I have bitbaked the meta-toolchain-qt5 and fsl-image-multimedia-full.
Both use Jethro branch. I referred to the  "Building Qt5 using yocto on Wandboard" guide.

In the conf/local.conf I made following modification:
PACKAGECONFIG_DISTRO_pn-qtbase = "accessibility eglfs alsa puseaudio fontconfig gles2 glib examples tools"
DISTRO_FEATURES_remove = "x11 wayland"

I also setup the qtcreator : device, kit, qt version, compiler, debugger and ssh connection, but when I run the application,
Qt says "This application failed to start becase it could not find or load the qt platform plugin xcb, available plugin are:
Eglfs, minimal, minimaegl, offscreen".

I also tried to run the application like this : ./helloworld -platform eglfs,  there is one error: "QEglFSVivIntegration will
Set environment variable FB_MULTI_BUFFER=2 to enable double buffering and vsync. If this is not desired, you can
Override this via: export QT_EGLFS_IMX6_NO_FB_MULTI-BUFFER=1".  I also tried it, but still can not open egl display.

Just now I checked the fsl-image-multimedia-(full).bb, it looks like it only contain the X11 and wayland support, how can
I modify it and let it support the Framebuffer?

I have worked on this problem for several days. I hope someone can help me.

Thank you very much!

Best regards!

Yanxin ZHOU
Electronic Product Engineering
STAUBLI HANGZHOU LTD.
No 123 Weiken Street Hangzhou Economic & Technological Development Zone
310018 Hangzhou / CN
Phone: +86 40066 70066
Mobile: +86 18605811677
mailto: y.zhou at staubli.com<mailto:y.zhou at staubli.com>
www.staubli.com<http://www.staubli.com>
This e-mail and any attachment (the 'message') are confidential and privileged and intended solely for the person or the entity
to which it is addressed. If you have received it in error, please advise the sender by return e-mail and delete it immediately.
Any use not in accordance with its purpose, any dissemination or reproduction, either whole or partial, by entities other than
the intended recipient is strictly prohibited.