[meta-freescale] imx6q busybox: when dhcp server fails to respond

Prasant J pj0585 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 06:33:07 PDT 2016

Hi,

I'm using Yocto jethro release (busybox 1.23) for my imx6q based system.

I was observing the system behaviour when DHCP server fails to repond.
I see that the DHCP discovery packet is sent out every 6 secs for 6
times and then a randomly chosen IPv4LL address (169.254.x.x) is
selected.

I have some queries:
Who assigns this Link Local IP Address ? (ifup, udhcpc, dhcpcd, )?
Is it possible to have a fixed Link local address?
How can I configure the system so that it does not get 169.254.x.x
address (disable link local address) ?

Any inputs will be of help.

Regards, Pj