[meta-freescale] imx-wm8960 audio codec platform driver and ALSA widgets problem

Ivan Nikolaenko i.nikolaenko at geoscan.aero
Wed Apr 6 06:08:44 PDT 2016

Dear all!

I have a problem with audio in the Jethro release.
Previously on my device (based on the i.MX6q SabreSD) I used Fido
release with 3.10.53 kernel for which I wrote the imx-wm8960 platform
driver.
But now there was a need to upgrade to a new kernel 3.14.52 and,
respectively, Jethro. Unfortunately, driver imx-wm8960 from the 3.14.52
kernel does not work for me, displaying error at the end of the boot:
[   10.716343] ASoC: HiFi startup failed: -16.
It also shows error "device or resource busy" when I try to play sound
with the "aplay".

"dmesg" says:
[    3.637073] imx-wm8960 sound.28: wm8960-hifi <-> 2028000.ssi mapping ok
and
[    3.749988] ALSA device list:
[    3.752976]   #0: wm8960-audio

After a short research I found that if i comment lines in the
imx-wm8960.c like this:
static struct snd_soc_ops imx_hifi_ops = {
     .hw_params = imx_hifi_hw_params,
//    .hw_free = imx_hifi_hw_free,
//    .startup   = imx_hifi_startup,
//    .shutdown  = imx_hifi_shutdown,
};
, errors disappear, but I can still hear the silence.

I also found that there is only one widget Master in the "alsamixer".
the output from "amixer" confirms that.

Please help me with this problem. Thank you.

--
Best regards,
Ivan Nikolaenko, GeoScan
i.nikolaenko at geoscan.aero