[meta-freescale] State of webRTC on IMX6

Otavio Salvador otavio.salvador at ossystems.com.br
Tue Sep 22 06:16:16 PDT 2015

Hello Christopher,

On Tue, Sep 22, 2015 at 9:18 AM, Christopher Andersson
<Christopher.Andersson at qmatic.com> wrote:
> Since this is easy to do with webRTC this is our first option. But after
> some testing and reading on this list I understand that webRTC isn't
> fully working on the IMX6, at least not with hardware acceleration, am I
> correct?

The Chromium need to be update to a newer version and then the i.MX
integration can be done.

At QtWebEngine side, the VPU support is being maintained by O.S.
Systems as a commercial solution. At the moment we support Qt 5.4 but
we can work at Qt 5.5 integration depending on customers demand.

If we can be of help, let us know.