[meta-freescale] Booting fido on sabrelite through u-boot

Maciej Tucholski mtucholski at certicom.com
Wed Oct 28 13:51:53 PDT 2015

Hi

I'm using a sabrelite board (https://boundarydevices.com/product/sabre-lite-imx6-sbc/)
I used it in the past for QNX and linux, this time I am trying to get yocto 1.8 (aka fido) running on it.

I was able to get fido to build on an Ubuntu machine, and I have the images, rootfs .dtb etc etc, however
I am not able to boot the kernel on the board.
I made several different attempts via SD card, and TFTP

What I was able to find out is that in order to boot using an SD card, the u-boot stored in SPI needs to be tweaked like so:
mw.l 0x020d8040 0x3040 && mw.l 0x020d8044 0x10000000
reset

or replaced with SPI to SD loader (https://wiki.linaro.org/Boards/MX6QSabreLite)
However no luck with either approach.
Currently I am xfering the fido zImage via tftp, and I am trying to get the bootz command to load it, but it hangs up on "Starting kernel ..."

I am not sure if I didn't build this right, or what exactly is going on, but I'm stuck and can't figure this out.

If I could get the kernel to build, then perhaps I can use the SD card, or nfs for the rootfs.

Apologizes for any missing information, I'm new to this scene, but I worked with the board and u-boot quite a bit

Maciej