[meta-freescale] [CRITICAL] Boards failing to build with GCC 5.2 - Kernel patches are needed

Alexandre Belloni alexandre.belloni at free-electrons.com
Fri Oct 23 19:00:06 PDT 2015

Hi,

On 23/10/2015 at 15:54:36 -0200, Otavio Salvador wrote :
> Hello folks,
>
> I have been working at stabilizing the core BSP boards (Freescale
> reference boards) for Yocto Project 2.0 release - jethro. As most of
> you are aware one of the changes for this release is the GCC version
> update.
>
> The vendors needing to check the boards are:
>
> Boundary Devices
> CompuLab
> Congatec
> Crystalfontz

I'm working on the Crystalfontz boards but already know that
4b3c534a56658eaa708fe1d63ee8148cf84a0499 doesn't play nice with boards
that don't have any u-boot support.
The only solution I have right now is to set
IMAGE_FSTYPES_mxs ?= "tar.bz2 ext3 barebox.mxsboot-sdcard sdcard"
before
include conf/machine/include/imx-base.inc

Which is really ugly.

--
Alexandre Belloni, Free Electrons
http://free-electrons.com