[meta-freescale] fsl-image-qt5 for imx6ulevk

Ivan Sergio Borgonovo mail at webthatworks.it
Wed Oct 21 09:36:58 PDT 2015

On 10/21/2015 06:17 PM, Daiane Angolini wrote:

> So far I was not able. iMX6UL does not have GPU for hw acceleration,
> so there must have some other config to make it work, but I have no
> success so far.

I'm trying to get a patch approved by meta-qt5 that should make possible
to bake meta-toolchain-qt5 when you miss opengl.
If there are issues with fsl-image-qt5 I could give it a look since I'm
fresh of the experience I made with the toolchain.

I didn't know about the existence of fsl-image-qt5. After reading I
immediately thought to give it a look to see if I could learn something
and as a way to double check my work on meta-qt5.
Anyway I've been able to bake image-core-minimal adding most of qt
packages as described in the wonderboard qt5 wiki page skipping mainly
the qml packages, some examples and qttools-plugins.

> Only for curiosity, why do you want QT5 in imx6ul chip?

Possibly for the same reason I'm trying to use qt5 on imx28... I've
found cheap hardware that seems to fit my limited needs ;)

--
Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
http://www.webthatworks.it