[meta-freescale] qt5 toolchain

Ivan Sergio Borgonovo mail at webthatworks.it
Thu Oct 15 15:03:07 PDT 2015

On 10/15/2015 06:48 PM, Otavio Salvador wrote:

>> I'll subscribe to openembedded ML and move the topic there to see what would
>> be the quality level required for a patch to
>> packagegroup-qt5-toolchain-target.bb
>> or if I should just write my own layer to _remove stuff from there.

>>  From my point of view disabling opengl (and other things strictly HW
>> related) should be something set in the lowest layer and be passed on to
>> higher software layer so to make it clearer to higher layers that they
>> should take it into account ASAP and not as a "retro-fit".

>> qtlocation doesn't seem to depend on qt3d anymore, but it still depends on
>> qtquickcontrols that up to my memory depends on opengl.

> All your feedback is valuable and I agree with it. We welcome patches
> to improve the support for opengl-less CPUs or you can hire someone
> (us - O.S. Systems, or other software vendor) to do the work.
> Personally I do my best to address as many things as my free time can
> fit so I apologize for your turn-key experience not being as good as
> you wished but you can help to improve it (in one way or another).

That's my free time as well, if I had to make things "just work" I'd
build the sdk and then just ./configure and copy stuff to the image by hand.
Unfortunately I'm pretty new to qt and yocto and sooner or later things
will have to "just work". I'm concerned that the solution I'll come up
with will be substandard to be merged to meta-qt5, especially if I'll be
left alone in the cold, before the time I'll have to make things "just
work" will come and all my efforts will be lost in time like tears in
the rain.

Still putting together the right knowledge to try to contribute a bit back.

thanks

--
Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
http://www.webthatworks.it