[meta-freescale] qt5 toolchain

Ivan Sergio Borgonovo mail at webthatworks.it
Thu Oct 15 09:26:29 PDT 2015

On 13/10/2015 15:11, Otavio Salvador wrote:

>> I can't bitbake
>> - meta-toolchain-qte (depends on x11)
>> - meta-toolchain-qt5 (some packages depends on opengl eg. qt3d)

>> What is the best way to go further?

>> BTW is this the right place to ask this kind of questions? It seems more a
>> mailing list for the fsl developers rather than fsl users.
>> If it is not where should I post this kind of questions and more general
>> question on yocto?

> It is indeed a generic question, anyway you will need to make some
> bbappend files to remove the opengl related packages from the distro
> and toolchain.

I came across this thread:
https://lists.yoctoproject.org/pipermail/meta-freescale/2015-March/013126.html

so it seems it is a recurring topic even here.
mx28 doesn't seems too much loved for the reasons you explained in a
previous email.
 From a user point of view the lack of a bit more support in different
places to CPU that don't have opengl is increasing friction for
newcomers quite a bit.

I'll subscribe to openembedded ML and move the topic there to see what
would be the quality level required for a patch to
packagegroup-qt5-toolchain-target.bb
or if I should just write my own layer to _remove stuff from there.

 From my point of view disabling opengl (and other things strictly HW
related) should be something set in the lowest layer and be passed on to
higher software layer so to make it clearer to higher layers that they
should take it into account ASAP and not as a "retro-fit".

qtlocation doesn't seem to depend on qt3d anymore, but it still depends
on qtquickcontrols that up to my memory depends on opengl.

thanks

--
Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
http://www.webthatworks.it