[meta-freescale] remoteproc module

Bob Cochran yocto at mindchasers.com
Wed Oct 14 07:20:37 PDT 2015

On 10/14/2015 08:52 AM, Otavio Salvador wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 14, 2015 at 4:08 AM, Edward Wingate <edwingate8 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, Oct 13, 2015 at 5:37 AM, Otavio Salvador
>> <otavio.salvador at ossystems.com.br> wrote:
>>> You need to adjust the search path for the files; check other bbappend
>>> files for an example on this.
>>
>> I think my defconfig is being used, but then there is something else
>> that goes on to overwrite my defconfig.  My defconfig is copied to
>> .../tmp/work/wandboard-poky-linux-gnueabi/linux-wandboard/3.14.28-r0.
>> Then I believe it is being used to generate a .config.  But then in
>> the kernel build directory, I see my defconfig in a .config.old, while
>> another .config takes its place.  Any idea what could be doing this?
>
> So it is lacking a dependency in the config chain or something. Check
> kernel configuration and if it does provide the remoteproc feature
> that you are looking for (I guess it does not).

Have you looked at run.do_configure in your temp directory?  You should
be able to find the lines that copy the defconfig and figure it out from
there.

Also, as Otavio previously pointed out, make sure you understand your
file search path.  Grep on ^FILESPATH= after running a

$ bitbake virtual/kernel -e

It can be helpful to redirect this to a file for further examination:

$ bitbake virtual/kernel -e > linux.out

Bob