[meta-freescale] remoteproc module

Edward Wingate edwingate8 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 11 11:23:36 PDT 2015

I'm trying to get the remoteproc module onto my wandboard image, but
not having much luck.

I created a linux-wandboard_3.14.28.bbappend recipe with the following:
    FILESEXTRAPATHS_prepend := "${THISDIR}/${PN}:"
    SRC_URI += "file://defconfig"

In my recipe folder, I created files/defconfig.  I got defconfig from
an existing .config in
.../tmp/work/wandboard-poky-linux-gnueabi/linux-wandboard/3.14.28-r0/build
folder and added:
    CONFIG_REMOTEPROC=m

In my image conf, I added:
    MACHINE_ESSENTIAL_EXTRA_RRECOMMENDS += "kernel-module-remoteproc"

With this, I would expect remoteproc.ko module in /lib/modules
directory, but there is no /lib/modules directory at all in the
rootfs.  What am I missing?

I realize even if this worked, remoteproc won't actually do anything
at this point, but I just wanted to take the first steps towards
creating my own remoteproc module by seeing what steps to take to get
the base remoteproc module built and deployed.  Thanks for you help.