[meta-freescale] qt5 toolchain

Ivan Sergio Borgonovo mail at webthatworks.it
Fri Oct 9 13:31:34 PDT 2015

I've followed the instruction for wanderboard to build an image with qt5
support for an imx28evk based board.

I had to skip several packages because they depend on opengl.

Still I've been able to bake an image that boot.

Now I was thinking to build the toolchain for qt5.

Reading here and there it seems that I should find qmake in the sysroot
and some env variable set (after sourcing environment-setup-*)
eg.
http://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/qbs/2013-November/000563.html

My local.conf is a stripped down version of the one proposed for the
wonderboard to get rid of the opengl dependencies.

I did
bitbake core-image-minimal -c populate_sdk
but I couldn't find qmake in the sysroot neither the qt related
variables set.
QT5 headers are where they should be.

I can't bitbake
- meta-toolchain-qte (depends on x11)
- meta-toolchain-qt5 (some packages depends on opengl eg. qt3d)

What is the best way to go further?

BTW is this the right place to ask this kind of questions? It seems more
a mailing list for the fsl developers rather than fsl users.
If it is not where should I post this kind of questions and more general
question on yocto?

thanks

--
Ivan Sergio Borgonovo