[meta-freescale] I2S interface testing

Harpreet Atwal harpreet.atwal at dti.com.au
Tue Nov 10 00:26:05 PST 2015

Hi Friends,

I have been trying to create imx-wm8974.c and in the process have successfully done:

-          Able to set bypass and loopback mode on wm8974 chip.

-          Able to set wm8974 in master mode and enable pll and set correct BCLK for 44100 sample rate at 16 bit and 2 channels = 1.41 Mhz

But I have not been able to see any activity on DACDAT pins.

DACDAT pin is connected in AUDMUX port 5 and ssi2  has been configured in I2S mode as slave.

I have tried using example playback and capture program from this link http://equalarea.com/paul/alsa-audio.html

Snd_pcm_writei exits correctly in playback program but I don't see any valid activity on DACDAT pin on oscilloscope.
Snd_pcm_readi function in capture routine exit saying "read from audio interface failed (Resource temporarily unavailable)"

I am not able to understand what I have missed in configuration.

Ssi2 -> audmux port 2 -> audmux port 5 -> wm8974

In wm8974 configuration, I have enabled mic, inppga , ADC, DAC, mono mixer, and monout.
Loopback is disabled.

If anyone ever done similar things, please let me know your experience.

Regards,
Harpreet Singh

Harpreet Atwal | Senior Embedded Software Engineer

DTI Group Ltd | Transit Security & Surveillance

31 Affleck Road, Perth Airport, WA 6105, AU

P | F +61 8 9479 1190 | harpreet.atwal at dti.com.au

Visit our website www.dti.com.au<http://www.dti.com.au>

The information contained in this email is confidential. If you receive this email in error, please inform DTI Group Ltd via the above contact details. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not use or disclose the information contained in this email or attachments.