[meta-freescale] Getting started on iMX6 DL development

Jeff Waller truthset at gmail.com
Sun Nov 8 20:53:39 PST 2015

Hello all,

I’m trying to develop for a drone, which is using the following CPU

root at 3dr_solo:~# cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor	: 0
model name	: ARMv7 Processor rev 10 (v7l)
BogoMIPS	: 1988.29
Features	: swp half thumb fastmult vfp edsp neon vfpv3 tls
CPU implementer	: 0x41
CPU architecture: 7
CPU variant	: 0x2
CPU part	: 0xc09
CPU revision	: 10

Hardware	: Freescale i.MX6 Quad/DualLite (Device Tree)
Revision	: 0000
Serial		: 0000000000000000

my first attempt is to get nodejs running on it which seems to be  straightforward, however, the compilation fails with the error

unrecognized argument in option -mfpu=vfpv2

which I think is correct, it isn’t supported, either by the chipset or qemu. My thought is that if I were to
set the correct hardware (MACHINE variable) (it’s currently defaulted to “qemuarm")  then the compiler options might change and I could avoid this problem.

I don’t need to create the entire image, just an rpm — at least to begin with.

this is for 1.5 (Dora)

The instructions here https://github.com/Freescale/fsl-community-bsp-platform <https://github.com/Freescale/fsl-community-bsp-platform>
and https://github.com/Freescale/fsl-community-bsp-base <https://github.com/Freescale/fsl-community-bsp-base> seem to conflict with
other yocto documentation.

Can't I simply clone/copy the various meta projects into a sub directory of pokey?

https://github.com/Freescale/meta-fsl-arm <https://github.com/Freescale/meta-fsl-arm>

https://github.com/Freescale/meta-fsl-arm-extra <https://github.com/Freescale/meta-fsl-arm-extra>

is there anything I’m missing?

-Jeff