[meta-freescale] Xorg issue when app closed with iMX53

Simone cjb.sw.nospam at gmail.com
Fri May 29 13:17:19 PDT 2015

Dear All,
I'm trying to use Xorg server on iMX53 and qt4.8
I got a working system, without too much difficulties.

The only one problem I have is that I'm not able to run Xorg as a separated server (I must run it togheter with my application).
To do this I've added the script call that launch my GUI in /etc/X11/xserver.common
This is the only way I found to execute my application.

The problem is that when I close my application the Xorg exit almost immediately.
When I try to run again my application without the trick above described, I have the error "cannot connect to X server" and application close.
This is a little bit tricky, and it put me in bad situation especially when debugging, because I can't run my application when I want, without re-launching Xorg.

What I would obtain, is to launch Xorg once at start, and then work freely opening/closing my application, which should connect and disconnect to/from the already active Xorg server.
Am I missing something?
Is it possible?

Thanks a lot
Simone