[meta-freescale] linux-congatec (fido) silent after Starting kernel ...

Nikolay Dimitrov picmaster at mail.bg
Wed May 27 00:31:52 PDT 2015

Hi Leon,

On 05/27/2015 09:37 AM, Alejandro.de-cabo-Garcia at congatec.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  >
>  > I am trying to understand why the higher FDT address would help.
>  > Where does the kernel extract to upon start?
>
> loadaddr=0x12000000

Just keep an eye on the addresses, so that the starting address of an
"item" doesn't step over the previous "item" payload. I'm usually too
lazy to calculate the differences all the time, and just use a 32 MiB
address step, like this:

0x12000000 - kernel
0x13000000 - device tree (or optional initrd)
0x14000000 - (optional device tree if initrd was loaded at 0x13000000)

Thus if all of your items are <= 32 MiB, these addresses will work all
the time.

Regards,
Nikolay