[meta-freescale] imxipuvideosink in 3.10.53 on Nitrogex6xlite

Carlos Rafael Giani dv at pseudoterminal.org
Tue May 19 04:11:04 PDT 2015

>>> Thanks for the explanation, perhaps it can help someone fix this.  My
>>> guess is that the FSL plugin doesn't handle those dynamic elements and
>>> thus is not equipped to set up the render in the appropriate window on
>>> the screen.

>> I doubt that the issue is caused exactly by the GstImxVpuDec or
>> GstOverlaySink, as by looking at your pipeline they seem to have
>> static pads. So it's more of how the
>> playbin/decodebin bins handle the pipeline creation process...
>
> All I know is that it does work correctly on other platforms, e.g. a
> native x86 (intel-corei7-64), as well as when there are no i.MX plugins
> installed, so it's definitely tied to the FSL plugin.

The issue here is that the IPU sink does not know anything about
windows. It directly overwrites the framebuffer's pixels. One way I am
trying out is to create an empty window in the sink and let the IPU
overwrite its pixels, but this is not exactly clean, and can cause
artifacts. If you want to render to a window, I recommend using the
imxeglvivsink instead. In fact, this should be the default one. How did
you get the plugins?