[meta-freescale] [OE-core] trouble related to oe-core update

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Mon May 18 20:54:20 PDT 2015

> On May 18, 2015, at 6:12 AM, Otavio Salvador <otavio at ossystems.com.br> wrote:
>
> On Mon, May 18, 2015 at 10:08 AM, Andreas Müller
> <schnitzeltony at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, May 18, 2015 at 2:50 PM, Otavio Salvador
>> <otavio at ossystems.com.br> wrote:
>> overestimate please. Still what about angstrom + imx6qsabresd?
>
> No clue. I personally don't use Angstrom and I don't know what the
> distro does. You can instrument the class code to see if you find
> something useful and I can assist in how to address the issue. I just
> don't have enough time to debug this myself.

It has nothing to do with Angstrom, I checked meta-fsl-arm and here it goes

conf/machine/imx6qsabresd.conf
….
SOC_FAMILY = "mx6:mx6q”
…

Then

conf/machine/include/imx-base.inc

….
# Float-Point setting
# handled by software
# DEFAULTTUNE_mx6 ?= "cortexa9-neon"
# handled by hardware
DEFAULTTUNE_mx6 ?= "cortexa9hf-neon”
….

Here you are saying all mx6 machines which don’t choose their DEFAULTTUNE are not thumb capable
and hence ‘thumb’ does not get into TUNE_FEATURES

IMO changing defaults for mx6 to use cortexa9t2hf-vfp-neon would be most close to h/w capabilities.

and when we say my default instruction set is thumb then it errors out. Ofcours one could argue
that message could have been better but atleast it did not do the wrong thing