[meta-freescale] FlexCAN in imx6q-sabresdb

Keskinarkaus, Teemu Teemu.Keskinarkaus at Maximatecc.com
Wed May 13 03:38:14 PDT 2015

Hi,

I'm trying to get FlexCAN driver to work in imx6q-sabre-sdb - develboard without any success.

I have added FlexCAN driver as a module in kernel config as well as the other CAN-devices/drivers needed (can,can-dev, can-raw).

Also I added to arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6q-sabresd.dts following lines:

----
&flexcan1{
                status = "okay";
};
----

After recompiling kernel and programming it to device, when I modprobe flexcan - module nothing happens. It doesn't print that flexcan is found and when I add the other CAN-modules and try to access CAN0(or CAN1) they claim that there is no such device. I've worked with FlexCAN in imx537 so I'm somewhat familiar how to access it, but problem is that it does not show up at all.

Is there something else needed to do to get FlexCAN working with imx6q? I did search the internet, but didn't find anything else what should be done.

Yocto version is 1.7.1 and kernel version is  linux-imx-rt-3.10.17.

Teemu Keskinarkaus
Software system engineer
Cell: +358 400 330047
Fax: +358 207 669199
www.maximatecc.com<http://www.maximatecc.com/>

maximatecc
making machines smart, safe and productive

Actuant Corporation Email Notice

This message is intended only for the use of the Addressee and may contain information that is PRIVILEGED and/or CONFIDENTIAL.
This email is intended only for the personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named above. If the reader of this email is not an intended recipient, you have received this email in error and any review, dissemination, distribution or copying is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately by return mail and permanently delete the copy you received.

Thank you.