[meta-freescale] running qemu on x86 to emulate t2080 (e6500 cores)

Luo Zhenhua zhenhua.luo at freescale.com
Mon May 11 23:22:18 PDT 2015

Hi Otavio,

Please see the following description of the QEMU support in QorIQ SDK.

" On the target we do not need full emulation, we use QEMU + KVM. And the purpose of such a scenario would be to be able to run multiple machines on the same hardware with as little as possible overhead and of course this will include isolation, partitioning of the hardware resources, direct access to some hardware resources.

On x86 we would need full emulation of the platform, of course in this situation the overhead would be significant. A situation in which such a scenario could be used is software development/debugging on an emulated platform."

Best Regards,

Zhenhua