[meta-freescale] Chromium layout rendering issue

Nikolay Dimitrov picmaster at mail.bg
Fri May 8 06:32:25 PDT 2015

Hi Otavio,

On 05/08/2015 03:49 PM, Otavio Salvador wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 30, 2015 at 11:41 PM, Nikolay Dimitrov
> <picmaster at mail.bg> wrote: ...
>> So I have 2 questions: 1. The probability that someone knows what's
>> the actual issue is close to minus infinity, but at least did
>> someone observed similar behavior? If needed, I can snap photos to
>> visually demonstrate the issue.
>
> I have customers using it in Dizzy and I didn't see the error.
> Please check today's meta-browser as I merged a fix from Khem which
> address some installation issues.

FYI - as explained, this visual glitch is 100% reproducible from
official Yocto code on SabreSD, by just opening the Google's front
search page.

My customer changed their in-house app to avoid the visual glitch, but
there is additional 3rd-party web-content that needs to be displayed,
and we can't do anything about it.

I'll check later today the layer updates and will ping back.

>> 2. Chromium on sabresd & fido gave me at least 1 interesting
>> warning about GPU being frozen and pending reset in 10s. I haven't
>>  seen such error, but this makes me highly concerned about porting
>>  my stuff to fido. Did someone see such error messages?
>
> Prabhu?

Regards,
Nikolay