[meta-freescale] iMX6 - 90 Video Rotation Support

Daiane Angolini daiane.list at gmail.com
Thu May 7 09:51:00 PDT 2015

On Thu, May 7, 2015 at 12:57 PM, Marco Sandrelli
<marco.sandrelli at seco.it> wrote:
> Hi Daiane / Otavio,

Hi Marco,

> we have some customs iMX6 boards with Freescale BSP 4.1.0, is it possible
> rotate Video Playback of 90° with mfw_v4lsink plugin?

What is BSP 4.1.0? Kernel 3.0.35?

There are several changes since kernel 3.0.35, including changes on
multimedia libs.

I cannot remember if it worked or not on that time (you know, too much
version numbers in my mind), but I remember I made some rotations
using gstreamer in the past.

> I tried to rotate a video with this pipeline :
>
> root at imx6-qsdl# gst-launch-0.10 playbin2
> uri=file:///opt/SAMPLE/big_buck_bunny_640x360.mp4 video-sink="mfw_v4lsink
> rotate=90 disp-width=800 disp-height=600"
>
> This pipeline works only if the display is 800x600, with a screen 1920x1080
> this solution doesn't work.

I would say it may be due to IPU limitation, but in fact I don't
remember if mfw_v4lsink from 3.0.35 used IPU or VPU to rotate.

> This problems are solved in the last Freescale BSP and gstreamer libraries?

I cannot remember the last time I worked with a rotation problem for
gstreamer (4 years maybe?) But in a quick search on imx.community I
was not able to find anyone asking for help on this regard in last 1
year.

If you can evaluate the latest 3.14 release I strongly recommend ;)

Daiane