[meta-freescale] imx6q: image with both fb & x11 features

Otavio Salvador otavio at ossystems.com.br
Thu May 7 05:08:19 PDT 2015

On Wed, May 6, 2015 at 3:05 PM, Prasant J <pj0585 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I want to build the latest fsl-community-bsp image
> (fsl-L3.14.28_1.0.0). I can choose  to build any one backend (fb, x11,
> wayland or directfb). The libraries of the other backends are removed
> or not built.
>
> Is it possible to build the image for framebuffer (fb) backend but
> also include libraries of the x11 ? If yes, how can it be done?

The way the Yocto Project is intended for use does not make this easy to do.

Generally speaking the backend relies in different library files and
we cannot have both enabled at same time.

You can easily have two different distros in same Yocto Project
platform and use two different build directories to generate a couple
of products based on a specific backend. We do it often at O.S.
Systems for different customers and the biggest benefit of this is
traceability and reproducibility of your products.