[meta-freescale] Resend ] How to build yocto for e500v2 core to run on QEMU

Rohit Patil rohit.patil.wrc.555 at gmail.com
Mon May 4 09:46:12 PDT 2015

Hi,

Thanks, but it is next step. It will help me later.
For yocto compilation, I have set machine as "qemuppc" but it not compile
for e500v2.

So I did below modification in *meta/conf/machine/qemuppc.conf *:
-  require conf/machine/include/tune-ppc7400.inc  <== removed
+ require conf/machine/include/tune-ppce500v2.inc <== added

But it fail to compile at kernel. I am not familiar with yocto/openembeeded
but I tried look into kernel metadata, got confuse.
I not able to see any *COMPATIBLE_MACHINE* for e500v2 in
"meta-yocto-bsp/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-yocto_3.x.bbappend" :(.

And in meta-fsl-ppc , not found machine for qemu compatible.
I am not getting for what machine should I compile :(.
Please help me.

Thanks,
~Rohit