[meta-freescale] Cannot play videos using gstreamer

Isaac Nickaein nickaein.i at gmail.com
Sun May 3 02:34:24 PDT 2015

Hi,

I've repo synced my Yocto Dizzy and created a core-image-minimal image. The
local.conf is presented at the end of this email.

The problem is I cannot get any display output using GStreamer, while my Qt
program (which is built using toolchain by "bitbake meta-toolchain-qte")
have display output. What I have tried:

1. Using mfw_v4lsink:

    gst-launch -v filesrc location=test.mp4 typefind=true ! aiurdemux !
queue ! vpudec ! mfw_v4lsink

doesn't fail, but does not show anything on the display. Here is log
output: http://pastebin.com/TWtNCViT

2. Using glimagesink:

    gst-launch filesrc location=test.mp4 typefind=true ! aiurdemux ! queue
! vpudec ! glimagesink

fails with the following output:

    Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
    Caught SIGSEGV accessing address 0x4d0
    exec gdb failed: No such file or directory
    Spinning.  Please run 'gdb gst-launch 1405' to continue debugging,
Ctrl-C to quit, or Ctrl-\ to dump core.

3. I wondered adding "eglinfo-fb" recipe could be helpful (?), but it
caused a compile error during bitbake. Here is output:
http://pastebin.com/EQC464iM

And this is the local.conf that I am using:

MACHINE ??= 'imx6qsabresd'
DISTRO ?= 'poky'
PACKAGE_CLASSES ?= "package_rpm"
EXTRA_IMAGE_FEATURES = "debug-tweaks"
USER_CLASSES ?= "buildstats image-mklibs image-prelink"
PATCHRESOLVE = "noop"
BB_DISKMON_DIRS = "\
    STOPTASKS,${TMPDIR},1G,100K \
    STOPTASKS,${DL_DIR},1G,100K \
    STOPTASKS,${SSTATE_DIR},1G,100K \
    ABORT,${TMPDIR},100M,1K \
    ABORT,${DL_DIR},100M,1K \
    ABORT,${SSTATE_DIR},100M,1K"
PACKAGECONFIG_append_pn-qemu-native = " sdl"
PACKAGECONFIG_append_pn-nativesdk-qemu = " sdl"
ASSUME_PROVIDED += "libsdl-native"
CONF_VERSION = "1"

BB_NUMBER_THREADS = '4'
PARALLEL_MAKE = '-j 4'

DL_DIR ?= "${BSPDIR}/downloads/"
ACCEPT_FSL_EULA = ""

KERNEL_IMAGETYPE_forcevariable = "uImage"

IMAGE_INSTALL_append = "\
wget \
nano \
fbida \