[meta-freescale] [meta-fsl-arm-extra] Booting RIoTboard

Nikolay Dimitrov picmaster at mail.bg
Fri May 1 05:06:20 PDT 2015

Hi Gary,

On 04/23/2015 03:18 AM, Nikolay Dimitrov wrote:
> Hi Gary,
>
> On 04/23/2015 12:37 AM, Gary Thomas wrote:
>> I've just built an image for the i.MX6DL/RIoTboard using the latest
>> master (fido).  I had to add this line to local.conf:
>> MACHINE_EXTRA_RRECOMMENDS_remove_imx6dl-riotboard =
>> "fsl-alsa-plugins" as the fsl-alsa-plugins won't currently build with
>> Linux-4.0
>>
>> Now I'm trying to boot the image.  I've copied it to my SD card and
>> set the switches appropriately (I found two web pages about this and
>> they have conflicting information!  The answer seems to be
>> SW1-SW8=On/Off/On/Off/Off/On/Off/On)
>
> I have 2 riotboards both booting from sdcards, here are their
> configurations:
> - slot J6 (USDHC2), SW1-8 = On/Off/On/Off/Off/On/On/Off
> - slot J7 (USDHC3), SW1-8 = On/Off/On/Off/Off/On/Off/On

Just wanted to follow-up on this topic, probably due to curiosity. I
did some experiments and I can agree with you that the switch positions
definitely don't follow the docs (1 = On, 0 = Off, X = don't care):

J6 boot ok: 10100 XXX

J7 boot ok: 10100 010
             10100 110

So I guess this somewhat explains the confusion.

I've looked at the schematic some months ago to map which boot signals
goes to which switch, so the only way to explain this unexpected (to
me) behavior is either a mistake on my side when tracing the signals or
something different about the imx6s bootrom. Or me reading the wrong RM
:).

Regards,
Nikolay