[meta-freescale] Yocto dizzy version 1.7.1 cross compiling meta-toolchain BROKEN for weeks now!

Matt Madison matt at madison.systems
Tue Mar 31 07:46:10 PDT 2015

On Tue, Mar 31, 2015 at 7:26 AM, ad me <adolphs at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mar 31, 2015 5:19 AM, "Matt Madison" <matt at madison.systems> wrote:
[...]
>> You probably aren't invoking the compiler with the set of command-line
>> options you need to get the desired output.  See the definition of the
>> CC environment variable in the environment-setup script in the SDK, and
>> make sure you use the same set of flags to invoke gcc.
>>
>> -Matt
>
> Please see the step by step in the document attached/linked.
> The same one you highlighted on.
>
> I source this script just before invoking the compiler. Which means the CC
> parameters are passed in as shown.
>
> Unless if you are suggesting that doing a "source" of the environment script
> is not enough?
>
> If so, then I would not be able to invoke the correct compiler as the PATH
> to it is setup by the same environment script I source.

Sourcing the environment script is not enough; as I said, you have to
run the compiler with the right set of options.

So instead of:

arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-gcc hello_arm_world.c

You could do:

$CC hello_arm_world.c

to use the CC environment variable directly to invoke the compiler
with the options you need.

-Matt