[meta-freescale] IMX53 Custom board, ram...

andrea at perpic.it andrea at perpic.it
Fri Mar 27 07:11:26 PDT 2015

Thank you ED for your reply.

Actually I'm in the prototyping phase. so actually I'm just thinking
about how much ram I will need and for cost optimization I need to think
off which part I can safely remove.
There's no hurry for that. After writing to the ML I found that in the
register ESDCTL that there's an option for setting the 16 bit.
I see that the register is used in this file:
http://git.freescale.com/git/cgit.cgi/imx/uboot-imx.git/tree/board/freescale/mx53_loco/flash_header.S?h=imx_v2009.08

so ideally if I set: REG_LD_AND_STR_OP(31, 0x000, 0xc3190000) to
REG_LD_AND_STR_OP(31, 0x000, 0xc3180000)

I should be able to set the micro DDR interface to 16 bit mode.

Only if you remember that. Looks this one a solution like the one you
did?

Thank you
Andrea