[meta-freescale] IMX53 Custom board, ram...

andrea at perpic.it andrea at perpic.it
Fri Mar 27 02:39:31 PDT 2015

Hello everybody,

I would like to know what is the minimum requirement of ram that I need
to put on the board.
I saw for example that I can use MT41K128M16JT-125 XIT  from Micron.
it looks like it is a 16 bit ram.
I know that for a project the ram usage is really low. It is a 16bit
ddr3. I didn't understand if I can use only 1 ram bank or if I need to
use (at least 2). On IMX53qsb there's 4 banks but reading:
http://git.freescale.com/git/cgit.cgi/imx/uboot-imx.git/tree/include/configs/mx53_loco.h?h=imx_v2009.08
it looks like that I can define CONFIG_NR_DRAM_BANKS to 1. 1 bank of
32bit? or I can use 1 bank of 16bit?

Thank you for the reading
Andrea