[meta-freescale] Building dizzy with meta-qt5 on an imx28evk

Jon Trulson jon at radscan.com
Mon Mar 23 17:34:10 PDT 2015

On Sun, 22 Mar 2015, Otavio Salvador wrote:

> Hello Jon,
>
> On Sun, Mar 22, 2015 at 8:13 PM, Jon Trulson <jon at radscan.com> wrote:
>> On Sat, 21 Mar 2015, Eric Bénard wrote:

>>> you may need this patch :
>>>
>>> http://lists.openembedded.org/pipermail/openembedded-devel/2015-February/100389.html
>>>
>>> Best regards
>>> Eric
>>>

>> Oh, that was perfect :)
>>
>> With that patch it made it all the way to the populate_sdk stage where
>> it failed with 'no package provides: qt3d"...
>>
>> Editing packagegroup-qt5-toolchain-target.bb and removing packages
>> that directly or indirectly required opengl allowed a functional sdk
>> to be built with qmake, moc, etc present.
>>
>> I think the patch you referenced above should be merged - it worked
>> great.
>
> Please send this to openembedded-devel and copy Martin and I :)

I m confused - it was sent to that list -- it was authored by
Alexandre Belloni... You even commented on it :)

>> As for the packages in packagegroup-qt5-toolchain-target.bb, perhaps
>> there needs to be a USE_OPENGL mechanism in there like there is for
>> X11, ruby, etc.
>
> Please cook a patch ;)

Once I figure out how to reliably do that (figure out why qtlocation
depends on qt3d for example, among other seemingly odd dependencies),
I'd be happy to :)

--
Jon Trulson

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet."
    --Abraham Lincoln