[meta-freescale] imx6q gpu performance lower than expected

Nikita Yushchenko nyushchenko at dev.rtsoft.ru
Mon Mar 23 07:10:43 PDT 2015

Following up myself.

We have tested master + qt 5.3.2 and master + qt 5.4.1 combinations, with LVDS 1280x800 screen and eglfs backend.

Overall results are:
  dizzy, qt 5.3.2, imx6s => 22 fps  [this is poor hw, included just for reference]
  dizzy, qt 5.3.2, imx6q => 37 fps
  master, qt 5.3.2, imx6q => 49 fps
  master, qt 5.4.1, imx6q => 59 fps

Thus "memory bandwidth" is *not* the limiting factor on original setup.
Pure software update resulted into significant fps improvement.

Many thanks to Heikki Sarkanen for information that master branch shows better graphics performance.