[meta-freescale] Building dizzy with meta-qt5 on an imx28evk

Jon Trulson jon at radscan.com
Fri Mar 20 16:24:35 PDT 2015

Hi,

I am trying to build a core-image-minimal image and SDK using the yocto
dizzy branch and the meta-qt5 layer.

This is for an i.mx28evk based board.

This board does not contain any hardware video acceleration, so no
OpenGL.  It uses tslib and a framebuffer.  The goal was to get a
minimal Qt5.3.2 build for this target using the meta-qt5 layer (also
on dizzy branch).

I managed to get an image to build for the target that seems to
contain the Qt bits that I need -- libraries, the tslib and linuxfb
plugins, etc.

BUT.  When it came to building an SDK, I ran into problems.

Running:

bitbake core-image-minimal -c populate_sdk

created an installable sdk, however, there was no qmake, moc, rcc, and
the other tools needed for cross compiling Qt applications.

If I instead ran:

bitbake meta-toolchain-qt5

Then the build fails while trying to build qtdeclarative:

| Project ERROR: Unknown module(s) in QT: quick-private

Googling seems to indicate this occurs because there is no OpenGL
present and qtdeclarative will not build without it.

I do not need or want declarative in the SDK - I *think* it is being included
in order to build assistant and designer, which I also do not want/need in
the SDK :)  Just the binaries required to cross compile qt
applications like qmake, moc, etc.

So - Is there a way to build a usable Qt5 SDK that includes the
required qmake, moc, rcc, etc, binaries in the configuration I am
trying to use?

I include my conf/ local.conf and bblayers.conf below.  I'd appreciate
any clues or hacks :)

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
local.conf:
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
MACHINE ??= 'imx28evk'
DISTRO ?= 'poky'
PACKAGE_CLASSES ?= "package_rpm"
EXTRA_IMAGE_FEATURES = "debug-tweaks tools-debug"
USER_CLASSES ?= "buildstats image-mklibs image-prelink"
PATCHRESOLVE = "noop"
BB_DISKMON_DIRS = "\
     STOPTASKS,${TMPDIR},1G,100K \
     STOPTASKS,${SSTATE_DIR},1G,100K \
     ABORT,${TMPDIR},100M,1K \
     ABORT,${SSTATE_DIR},100M,1K"
PACKAGECONFIG_append_pn-qemu-native = " sdl"
PACKAGECONFIG_append_pn-nativesdk-qemu = " sdl"
CONF_VERSION = "1"

BB_NUMBER_THREADS = '4'
PARALLEL_MAKE = '-j 4'

DL_DIR ?= "${BSPDIR}/downloads/"
ACCEPT_FSL_EULA = ""

DISTRO_FEATURES_remove = "x11 wayland opengl pulseaudio opengles egl"

PACKAGECONFIG_DISTRO_append_pn-qtbase = " linuxfb tslib icu alsa"

IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " \
     nano \
     alsa-lib alsa-tools alsa-state alsa-utils-alsaconf \
     gdb \
     dbus \
     openssl \
     icu \
     fontconfig \
     freetype \
     i2c-tools \
     binutils libgcc libgcc-dev libstdc++ libstdc++-dev libstdc++-staticdev \
     pkgconfig \
     zlib glib-2.0 \
     qtbase \
     qtbase-fonts \
     qtbase-plugins \
     qtimageformats-plugins \
"

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
bblayers.conf:
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
LCONF_VERSION = "6"

BBPATH = "${TOPDIR}"
BSPDIR := "${@os.path.abspath(os.path.dirname(d.getVar('FILE', True)) + '/../..')}"

BBFILES ?= ""
BBLAYERS = " \
   ${BSPDIR}/sources/poky/meta \
   ${BSPDIR}/sources/poky/meta-yocto \
   \
   ${BSPDIR}/sources/meta-openembedded/meta-oe \
   ${BSPDIR}/sources/meta-openembedded/meta-multimedia \
   \
   ${BSPDIR}/sources/meta-fsl-arm \
   ${BSPDIR}/sources/meta-fsl-arm-extra \
   ${BSPDIR}/sources/meta-fsl-demos \
   ${BSPDIR}/sources/meta-fsl-itron \
   ${BSPDIR}/sources/meta-qt5 \
   ${BSPDIR}/sources/meta-openembedded/meta-ruby \
"

--
Jon Trulson

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet."
    --Abraham Lincoln