[meta-freescale] imx6q gpu performance lower than expected

Nikita Yushchenko nyushchenko at dev.rtsoft.ru
Tue Mar 17 07:08:25 PDT 2015

Hi

I've built freescale community bsp dizzy for a custom imx6q based board,
and now I'm experimenting with GPU performance under Qt5.

I have both xcb and eglfs backends running (under different builds).

However performance is lower than was expected: on LVDS 1280x800,
Qt5_CinematicExperience shows about 35-37 FPS, both under X11 and under
eglfs. If using smaller window under X11, FPS increases, if using
1920x1080 it goes down to 20.

This is much smaller than people get [1].

[1] https://community.freescale.com/thread/305066

CPU in both cases (x11 and egl) is almost unloaded (30% of one core
under eglfs, 30+30 under X11) so looks like speed limiting comes from GPU.

What could be reason for this?  Any hints?

TIA,
Nikita Yushchenko