[meta-freescale] Angstrom for i.mx 6

Sven Ebenfeld sven.ebenfeld at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 10:05:30 PST 2015

Am 05.03.2015 um 18:56 schrieb ss infod:
> Yes, I noticed that these machine configuration are there.
>
> However, I don't know what are the steps to use these machines
> configuration to build the angstrom distro ?
>
> Do I simply perform a git checkout of the Angstrom distro.
> git clone git://github.com/Angstrom-distribution/setup-scripts.git
>
> Then another checkout of the meta-fsl-arm-extra
>
> git://git.yoctoproject.org/meta-fsl-arm-extra

No, as stated in the manual you referred to, you need to run the
./oebb.sh script in setup-scripts. Before that, you should probably
checkout the angstrom-v2014.12-yocto1.7 branch (git checkout
angstrom-v2014.12-yocto1.7 in setup-scripts)

This script is creating config files for you and cloning the other layers.

Afterwards, you can find a script called something like
"environment-...". This script needs to be sourced (running: ".
./environment-...")  every time you open a new console to run the OE build.

After you got the environment running, you can just choose the machine,
by putting it in front of the bitbake command.

> Then, do you think I would be able to build the distro with the MACHINE=
> 'imx6qsabrelite' ?

After you have followed the manual, yes.

> Is that correct ?
>
> Thanks for any input.
> ssinfod.

Cheers,