[meta-freescale] Removing gpu-viv-bin-mx6q from custom image

Daiane Angolini daiane.list at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 04:37:08 PDT 2015

On Tue, Jun 30, 2015 at 2:33 AM, Jean-Michel Hautbois
<jhautbois at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi !
>
> I have a custom image for a I.MX6 board and I don't need to have the
> gpu-viv-bin-mx6q package installed. I am depending in my image on
> core-image-base and I don't add it in the EXTRA_IMAGE_INSTALL variable. But
> I still get it installed.
>
> What is it installed by and how can I remove it ?

The complete BSP is built targeting the maximum use of GPU
acceleration for any imx6Q boards. That's why you cannot "remove" GPU
packages. Too many dependencies making you use it by default.

You can try to blacklist it
(http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/1.8/mega-manual/mega-manual.html#ref-classes-blacklist)

Or, you can override several BSP configurations:

http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/meta-fsl-arm/tree/conf/machine/include/imx-base.inc#n23
http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/meta-fsl-arm/tree/conf/machine/include/imx-base.inc#n94
(from line 94 to 108)

No options I have tested before.