[meta-freescale] Query regarding using GPU of IMX6Q for Y16 format

Abhilash Abraham abhilash.abraham at vvdntech.com
Tue Jun 23 04:37:00 PDT 2015

Hi Sir,

          I have a query regarding the input format for GPU. I have a
sensor sending me data in Y16 format. From many forums I could understand
that the GPU will process only 8bpp inputs. Is it correct?

         My requirement is to give Y16 as input to GPU and apply the
shaders and get the output in Y16 format. Can anyone guide me to acheive
this. I tried using DirecTexViV with NV12 and double the Y size copied to
texture and V set to 128. The output obtained was a vague image of capture
with lot of grains.

With Warm Regards,

Abhilash T Abraham
VVDN Technologies Pvt Ltd
*Cell* : +91 9995202916 | *Skype* : abhilashtabraham