[meta-freescale] Yocto 1.6 + QT5.3.2 on i.MX6

Dale Tyler colos2a at tylerent.com
Wed Jun 17 09:44:58 PDT 2015

Hi Octavio,

Thank you for the reply.

I added PACKAGECONFIG_DISTRO_pn-qtbase = "accessibility" to local.conf, removed the two PACKAGECONFIG_append lines from that
file as well.

I then added RDEPENDS_${PN} = "qtquickcontrols-qmlplugins" to my bit-linux-image.bb file that has: include recipes-
core/images/core-image-base.bb

I removed qtquick1, qtquickcontrols and qtquickcontrols-qmlplusins from my IMAGE_INSTALL variable set in bit-linux-image.bb.

The build error has gone away, but the qtquickcontrols files are not in the rootfs image, either.

Do you have any other suggestions that I might try?

This is what I am using to build my image.

Thanks,
Dale

cat ../sources/meta-bit-linux/recipes-bit-linux/images/bit-linux-image.bb
include recipes-core/images/core-image-base.bb

WEB = "web-webkit"

SOC_EXTRA_IMAGE_FEATURES ?= "tools-testapps"

# Add extra image features
EXTRA_IMAGE_FEATURES += " \
    ${SOC_EXTRA_IMAGE_FEATURES} \
    debug-tweaks \
    tools-debug \
    tools-profile \
    tools-testapps \
    hwcodecs \
    "

SOC_IMAGE_INSTALL = ""

IMAGE_INSTALL += " \
    ${SOC_IMAGE_INSTALL} \
    cpufrequtils \
    nano \
	"

IMAGE_INSTALL += " \
    gcc \
    g++ \
    binutils \
    libgcc \
    libgcc-dev \
    libstdc++ \
    libstdc++-dev \
    libstdc++-staticdev \
        "

IMAGE_INSTALL += " \
    alsa-lib \
    alsa-utils \
    cups \
    memtester \
    mtd-utils \
    ethtool \
    devmem2 \
    acpid \
    procps \
    zlib \
    iproute2 \
    sqlite3 \
    dropbear \
	"

IMAGE_INSTALL += " \
    tslib-conf \
    tslib-tests \
    tslib-calibrate \
    alsa-lib \
    alsa-tools \
    alsa-state \
    alsa-utils-alsaconf \
    dbus \
        "

IMAGE_INSTALL += " \
    i2c-tools \
    canutils \
    libsocketcan \
        "

IMAGE_INSTALL += " \
    python-imaging \
    python-json \
    python-simplejson \
    python-numpy \
    python-ctypes \
    python-distutils \
    python-multiprocessing \
    python-pyserial \
    python-smbus \
    python-twisted \
    python-twisted-core \
    python-autobahn \
    python-threading \
    python-misc \
    python-importlib \
	"

IMAGE_INSTALL += " \
    gpu-viv-bin-mx6q \
    gstreamer \
    cairo \
    pango \
    fontconfig \
    freetype \
        "
IMAGE_INSTALL += " \
    release-stats \
        "

IMAGE_INSTALL += " \
    qtbase-fonts \
    qtbase-plugins \
    qtbase-tools \
    qtbase-examples \
    qtdeclarative \
    qtdeclarative-plugins \
    qtdeclarative-tools \
    qtdeclarative-examples \
    qtdeclarative-qmlplugins \
    qtmultimedia \
    qtmultimedia-plugins \
    qtmultimedia-examples \
    qtmultimedia-qmlplugins \
    qtsvg \
    qtsvg-plugins \
    qtsensors \
    qtimageformats-plugins \
    qtsystems \
    qtsystems-tools \
    qtsystems-examples \
    qtsystems-qmlplugins \
    qtscript \
    qt3d \
    qt3d-examples \
    qt3d-qmlplugins \
    qt3d-tools \
    qtwebkit \
    qtwebkit-examples-examples \
    qtwebkit-qmlplugins \
    qtgraphicaleffects-qmlplugins \
    qtconnectivity-qmlplugins \
    qtlocation-plugins \
    qtlocation-qmlplugins \
        "

# these qt packages are segregated becuase of a yocto build issue that causes the
# do_rootfs step to fail
# as a workaround, perform the build with these packages enable, then change to
# XXIMAGE_INSTALL and rerun the build. The three packages have to manually copied
# to the SD card
XXIMAGE_INSTALL += " \
    qtquick1 \
    qtquickcontrols \
    qtquickcontrols-qmlplugins \
        "

RDEPENDS_${PN} = "qtquickcontrols-qmlplugins"

export IMAGE_BASENAME = "bit-linux-image"

local.conf additions:
DISTRO_FEATURES_remove = " x11 wayland nfs bluetooth ppp wifi ptest 3g zeroconf "
DISTRO_FEATURES_append = " opengl pulseaudio alsa "
UBOOT_CONFIG = "pn016100"