[meta-freescale] Regarding bitbaking for custom board (IMX6Q)with no display, for adding GPU support

Abhilash Abraham abhilash.abraham at vvdntech.com
Tue Jun 9 03:38:46 PDT 2015

Hi,

          I'm having a custom board with IMX6Q with no display. I'm having
my captured frame being send to a remote system via socket. I'm using the
v4l2 interface for the capture and sending it to GPU for some processing
and need to take the processed data and send to the remote system. I have
the following queries:

1. Should I be using an image without x11 and wayland because to my
understanding the GPU processed image is coming in the framebuffers
/dev/fb* and to use this I presume both x11 and wayland should be removed.
Or in other words can I read from /dev/fb* even if its a x11 build?
2. Which is the best image to be bitbaked for my purpose?

With Warm Regards,

Abhilash T Abraham
VVDN Technologies Pvt Ltd
*Cell* : +91 9995202916 | *Skype* : abhilashtabraham