[meta-freescale] imx-gpu-viv GLESv2 version

Andreas Müller schnitzeltony at googlemail.com
Wed Jun 3 10:21:04 PDT 2015

On Thu, May 7, 2015 at 8:24 AM, Andreas Müller
<schnitzeltony at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, May 6, 2015 at 6:38 PM, Prabhu S <prabhusundar at gmail.com> wrote:
>> There is no option to report to as ES 2.0. ES 2.0 is subset of ES3.0. Can
>> you able to patch kwin?
>>
> I will try that - see how far I get.

OK I would like to come back to this: Shouldn't eglCreateContext with
EGL_CONTEXT_CLIENT_VERSION = 2 create an Open GL ES 2.0 compatible
context?

On my machine this seems broken somehow. Steps to verify this:

Build mesa-demos and start es2tri. It stops with

| x_window: Assertion `val == 2` failed.

The code is creating a context for 2.0 and checks if the desired
version was accepted:

   static const EGLint ctx_attribs[] = {
      EGL_CONTEXT_CLIENT_VERSION, 2,
      EGL_NONE
   };
<...>
   ctx = eglCreateContext(egl_dpy, config, EGL_NO_CONTEXT, ctx_attribs );
<...>

      EGLint val;
      eglQueryContext(egl_dpy, ctx, EGL_CONTEXT_CLIENT_VERSION, &val);
      assert(val == 2);

For me this seems to turn into a serious issue - suggestions?

Andreas